Unity 3 was announced. I'm excited to see the full list of features, particularly to see if networking has improved, but the 360 and PS3 support news is way cool. I so love the tool. Just yesterday, I scripted the following:
- Changed thin floors in all random tiles so they can be shot through to mimic firing through grating.
- Fixed minimap to correctly update "rooms visited" when not open.
- Added avatar health and shields, with shield regeneration a la "every shooter," including HUD presentation.
- Added enemy damage from enemies that get too close to you.
- Added health pickups.
- Added random % chance for enemies to drop said pickups, with hack to make sure they drop in movement path.